Penguin Random House LLC Editorial/Marketing Intern - Ten Speed Press in Emeryville, California
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 23526
Ten Speed Press is looking for an intern to join their team!
This is an editorial & marketing internship.
Responsibilities include: Editorial Role
• ACQUISITIONS RESEARCH: Categories, specific topics, resources.
• CHECKING/COLLATING CORRECTIONS: Spell-checking, filling in cross-references, reviewing indexes, creating specialty indexes, reviewing consistent usage, breaks, and so on.
• CIP/E-MS: Prepare and submit manuscripts to Library of Congress and sales team.
• CODING: Quick-turn and/or regularly scheduled coding of sample text and full manuscripts.
• COMP RESEARCH: For acquisitions, cover briefs.
• COLD READS: Final proof.
• PRE-FINAL PAGES REVIEWS: Heavily illustrated titles.
• SCHEDULES: Update book schedules in shared systems.
• SPECIAL PROJECTS: Create recipe lists, compile book information, research phonetic pronunciations, fact-checking.
Marketing and Publicity Role
• PUBLICITY: Research contacts for e-blasts, pull assets for media outlets, book mailings as needed
• MARKETING: Influencer and partner research, manage influencer mailings, database entry for influencer lists
• MARKETING PROMOTION: Pull excerpts, update author spotlight feature
This is a 6 month long internship and pays $15/hr.
The intern will work 28 hours a week.
Please apply through our online application to be considered for this opportunity.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.