Penguin Random House LLC Analyst, Financial - Penguin Publishing Group in New York, New York
Penguin Publishing Group is seeking an Analyst to join our Business Management team. The Analyst will support the Business Manager in all aspects of day-to-day financial management of the Penguin Adult division. With a primary focus on budgeting and forecasting, the role is responsible for aggregating and analyzing large amounts of data and presenting it in a clear and succinct format. If you are an analytically minded thinker who is eager to learn, then this may be the perfect position for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assisting Business Managers in month-end and year-end processes for all Penguin Publishing Group imprints.
• Accurately compiling and distributing the annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts as well as month-end and year-end reporting for imprints within the division.
• Preparing data and analysis to support the Business Manager and Publishers with new title acquisitions and other projects as needed.
• Providing support and backup for the Business Manager in forecasting and planning.
• Assisting with business performance analysis throughout the year.
• Presenting and communicating data to Business Managers in a timely and accurate manner for any projects assigned to them.
• Supporting the Business Management and Strategy team in creating analyses and developing insights to drive growth and profitability for the Penguin Adult division.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 4 year college degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 2 years of financial or accounting experience
• Prior work experience within book publishing or media is a plus
• Working knowledge of accounting principles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
• Working knowledge of SAP, Hyperion, Business Objects, and SQL strongly preferred
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.