Penguin Random House LLC Associate Managing Editor - Penguin Young Readers in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 23709
Join the Penguin Young Readers Managing Editorial department!
Working specifically with Dial Books for Young Readers and Kathy Dawson Books titles, the Associate Managing Editor will assist with overseeing the production process, from finished manuscript to bound book.
This exciting and fast-paced position interacts with colleagues across our editorial, production, art & design, and marketing departments to ensure the timely and accurate communicating of information regarding schedules, on-sales dates, prices, etc.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Coordinating schedules with design groups as well as copyediting schedules with copyediting and editorial.
• Maintaining title information databases.
• Tracking seasonal milestones for the release of metadata, ordering sales materials, and applying for reading levels.
• Overseeing the sale of text and jacket/cover files to foreign publishers.
• Managing reprint corrections.
• Supplying title information and book files to other internal departments, as needed.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of managing editorial/production experience
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating with employees across all levels and functions
• Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiarity with database management is a plus