Penguin Random House LLC Editor/Sr Editor - Penguin in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 23386
Penguin has an opening for an Editor/Senior Editor to acquire and edit fiction.
Specifically, the Editor/Senior Editor:
• Solicits, acquires and edits books for publication.
• Develops agent relationships; negotiates contracts; runs P&L; writes copy and TI's; and handles all line and conceptual editing for titles.
• Works with publicity and marketing to help publish and promote titles both in bookstores, and in the media.
• Positions acquired books for sales by presenting titles at launch meetings.
• Liaises with authors and agents in all phases of the process, from acquisition to publish date.
• Minimum 4 years of acquisition/editing experience at a trade publisher
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with authors and agents
• Ability to describe acquired books in an engaging manner
• Strong ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook