Penguin Random House LLC Marketing Coordinator - Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 22989
Random House Children's Books is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join the Trade Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager.
• With guidance from the Senior Marketing Manager, develop and execute marketing campaigns for select frontlist and backlist titles across the picture book, middle grade, and young adult categories on the trade publishing list
• Collaborate with digital marketing, school & library marketing, and publicity to ensure cohesive marketing plans and messaging
• Manage the creation and execution of all campaign marketing materials, including writing copy, circulating to editorial, coordinating with design and production, and distributing finished materials
• Maintain and track budget for assigned campaigns
• Create distributions and proposed print quantities of marketing materials
• Assist trade marketing team with festivals and conventions as needed, including strategizing, planning, and executing promotions
• Research and propose new marketing opportunities including, but not limited to, advertising venues, direct-to-consumer outreach, and retail initiatives
• At least 2 years of experience in children's book marketing preferred
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Self-motivated with a desire to be a team player as well as work independently
• Highly organized with an ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and meet deadlines
• Strong sense of urgency with an ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Creative thinker who enjoys thinking outside of the box
• Knowledge of and interest in marketing and the overall children's publishing industry
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.