Penguin Random House LLC Publishing Assistant, Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 24242
Publishing Assistant, Random House Children's Books Are you passionate about children's books and interested in gaining entry-level experience in multiple aspects of book publishing? Random House Children's Books is looking for a Publishing Assistant to support the Director of Digital Strategy and Business Development as well as the Assistant Director of Paperbacks and Publishing. The assistant will work in the Publisher's Office and will gain a broad view of the division's publishing list and operations. The role is perfect for those who want to acquire big-picture insights into publishing as well as those who are unsure about where exactly they might fit within a major publishing house. If you're an energetic and detail-oriented self-starter with a commitment to children's books, then please do apply. Overall:
• Provide administrative support for the Director of Digital Strategy and Business Development and the Assistant Director of Paperbacks and Publishing including meeting coordination, note-taking, and other daily and weekly tasks.
• Participate in divisional committees and ad hoc projects.
• Assist with paperback and digital analyses by pulling data from Bookscan, Edelweiss, Google Trends, Hitwise, AudienceView, BrandWatch, and other internal programs.
• Create and pull reports from internal sources to assist with the daily functioning of the paperback and e-book programs.
• Conduct online research as requested.
• Assist in coordination of seasonal List Launch meetings.
In support of the Assistant Director of Paperbacks and Publishing:
• Research competitive publications and create presentations
• Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of the paperbacks program including data entry, routing mechanicals, and drafting copy for frontlist, backlist repackages, and reprints. Assist with metadata (web copy, keywords, BISACs, series, subtitles, etc.) updates and clean-up including:
• Testing and implementing corporate initiatives
• Conducting regular maintenance for the division's frontlist and backlist titles
• Analyzing reader reviews
• Assist with related seasonal processes (e.g. title information sheet review; back of book ads). In support of the Director of Digital Strategy and Business Development:
• Manage the calendar for ebook pricing promotions including scheduling, tracking, and communication to colleagues.
• Monitor retail partner sites to ensure the timely execution of ebook release and price changes.
• Manages alerts and communication from third-party ebook anti-piracy partner.
• Coordinate ebook corrections process.
• Perform community management for online platforms.
• Route files and assets for approvals to digital licensing partners as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Interest in children's publishing is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/. Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.