Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant, International Sales & Marketing in New York, New York
Have you ever wondered how English language books end up in stores across the globe? Are you looking to play a key role in supporting the team that sells your favorite titles into those stores? Then this may be the perfect role for you!
Penguin Random House is seeking a Sales Assistant to directly support the SVP and Director of International Sales & Marketing as well as the teams selling and promoting books across Asia and within the online channel internationally. This exciting and fast-paced position interacts with a wide variety of members of the International Sales & Marketing department based both domestically and abroad and is the perfect chance to learn all about the exciting world of international sales!
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
• Managing and maintaining the SVP's calendar, including accepting, updating and making appointments.
• Booking travel for supervisor and processing expenses on a monthly basis.
• Handling requests from the Sales Director, Sales Managers, and international customers on matters related to sales within Asia, including requests for reports and materials, creating presentations, and fielding general inquiries.
• Assisting with arrangements for international book fairs by scheduling appointments, making reservations, organizing materials, etc.
• Assisting with scheduling, making reservations, gathering materials, etc. for sales conferences.
• Serving as the point person for the department on general inquiries and requests for materials.
• Preparing ad hoc title reports.
• Provides general administrative and sales support tasks for the department, including answering phones, filing, managing department expenses, updating the team's travel and vacation calendars, coordinating conference rooms for meetings, ordering supplies, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience
• Genuine interest in sales and publishing
• Strong written verbal and communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to successfully work on multiple projects at a time
• Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proactive with the ability to problem solve
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Foreign language skills is a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.