Penguin Random House LLC Sales Assistant - Penguin Young Readers in New York, New York
Penguin Random House is looking for a Sales Assistant to join the Penguin Young Readers Sales team. Reporting to two executives, the Senior Vice President and the Vice President of Sales, the Assistant will provide support to senior sales management and the Penguin Young Readers Sales team as a whole. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, anticipate immediate needs, and handle strict deadlines while remaining highly organized and communicating effectively. This role is a great opportunity to learn all about the children's book selling process in a fast-paced environment!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing administrative support by managing calendars, filing documents, answering phones, paying invoices, preparing expense reports, booking travel arrangements, organizing conference calls, etc.
• Running daily and weekly sales reports, maintaining master databases, tracking competitive titles, and assisting with sales analysis.
• Coordinating information from multiple sales teams to create reports for meetings and senior management.
• Scheduling conference rooms, attending meetings, developing and distributing materials, taking notes, and sending minutes.
• Assisting in the creation of PowerPoint presentations for key senior management.
• Working on ad hoc projects across sales channels with the Penguin Young Readers Sales team, as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience, prior publishing internship a plus
• Genuine interest in sales and children's publishing
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Must be comfortable working with numbers
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.