Penguin Random House LLC Senior Designer, Random House Creative Services in New York, New York
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 23248
Senior Designer, Random House We are seeking a Senior Designer to join the Random House Creative Services design team. The Designer will create highly shareable and engaging social media content, online and print ads, and other promotional materials for several imprints. The ideal candidate will perform well under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects in a well-organized and detail-oriented fashion; as well as, seek innovative design solutions to reach the target market and keep current with trends and best practices in social media, email marketing, advertising, and mobile strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Creating stop-motion video, animated gif-based content, and static images for social media platforms
• Assembling and editing live motion video clips with type overlays and audio into short trailers for books
• Photographing and retouching static lifestyle images
• Conceptualizing and producing online and print advertising
• Designing and managing the production of promotional materials
• Cross-departmental collaboration, most specifically with Marketing team, under the direction of the Art Directors
• Trafficking creative, and preparing and releasing files to the media team
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of three years experience as a staff designer, publishing experience a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Exceptional and innovative design and type skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to interpret how marketing insights, target audience, and ad product should affect the visual
• Highly proficient in the Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and After Effects
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, strongly recommended
• Photography skills a plus
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.
In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.